lördag 16 februari 2013

Birthstones: Amethyst

The birthstone of February is amethyst, which is very convenient for me since it is my birthstone and since my favorite color is purple. :)




Since I have done faaar too many purple smokey eyes in my life I decided to make this one a little more interesting by adding a hint of silver in the middle of the lid. 


This look looks great with all eye colors but I felt like playing around with own blue eyes a bit and made them brown. Have I mentioned I love brown eyes? :P



Nude lips are pretty boring, I know, but honestly it was very hard to find a lip color that would suit this look. :S 




Face
*Skin base foundation 02 (Illamasqua)
*Studio finish concealer (M.A.C.)
*Loose powder (Isadora)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)

Eyes
*Gel liner Amethyst (Makeup Geek) (base on whole lid)
*Jumbo Pencil Milk (NYX) (base in the middle of upper lid)
*Wisteria (Makeup Geek) (lid, inner and outer corners and crease)
*Poison plum (Sugarpill) (outer corner of eye, crease)
*Drama queen (Makeup Geek) (outer corner and underneath the eye)
*Ice queen (Makeup Geek) (inner corner and underneath the eye brow)
*Mercury (Makeup Geek) (Middle of lid)
*Pigment Platinum (M.A.C.)*
*Medium Pencil S.O.P.H.I.E. (Illamasqua)
*True natural mascara (Lumene)
*False lashes #28 (Red Cherry)

Lips
*Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector Rose sheen (Clarins)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the next in the series will be aquamarine for March but we'll see if I do them in the proper order or not, I haven't quite decided yet. :)

Anyways, I hope you guys are having a lovely weekend! :)

Thank you so much for reading and hope you enjoyed this look and post! :)


15 kommentarer:

  1. Gud vad fint! Jag älskar färgen lila i sminkningar <3

    SvaraRadera
  2. My favorite color! And the shine of silver in the center sets off the purple so beautifully.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Purple is indeed a very beautiful color! ^_^

      Radera
  3. Prettyy <3 Love the color <3

    SvaraRadera
  4. I adore this; it really makes your brown eyes pop! And that's one thing I wish I could see more of, since most make up looks tailor to blue or hazel eyes.

    Are you displaying all birthstones? Because I can't wait to see what you would do for June-- it's my birthstone, or stones I should say-- pearl and moonstone.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :) Haha, brown eyes are not my natural color though but I sure like them! :D

      Yes, that's the plan! :D

      Radera
  5. Beauty :) all violet and purples look great on you ;)

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    SvaraRadera
  6. My favourite stone (but sadly not my birth stone :()and my favourite colour! Looks stunning :)

    SvaraRadera
  7. Det är såå snyggt med bruna ögon och lila ögonskugga!!!

    SvaraRadera
  8. Ooh, I love this! I wear purple and silver/gray eyeshadows almost exclusively, but I've never thought to combine them in this way. I love amethyst, and even though my January 30 birthday puts me two days from amethyst being my birthstone, I say "close enough"! :)

    SvaraRadera
  9. Gorgeous! I love how the purple goes with the brown contacts!

    SvaraRadera
  10. So beautiful :)
    Kisses
    Emy
    http://everydayalook.blogspot.fr/

    SvaraRadera
  11. I just love your looks so much! Your style is one I really appreciate ^-^ you are very talented. I can't wait to see more from you!

    SvaraRadera